1. Find out the number of the group that the students will be added to
- As per the FAQ topic above, you can find out the group number by going to “groups” [fig. 1]
- The group name is on the first column.
- The group ID is on the last column.
2. Download and open the sample CSV spreadsheet in Excel.
- You can download the file here: student_enrollment CSV spreadsheet
- Please note: you might find it easier to view the CSV file with columns set to auto fit width (see fig 1):
- Highlight all the cells by pressing Ctrl + A (or selecting them).
- Then press “format” > “AutoFit Column Width”
3. Add student details to the spreadsheet [fig. 3]
- Col 1: SQA number as username
- Col 2: Email address
- Col 3:Password field is left blank (users will be prompted to create a secret password when they complete registration).
- Col 4: First name
- Col 5: Last name
- Col 6: Add the Group ID (from task 1) into the learndash_group_users_xxx column and rows below it.
Example (screenshot of Microsoft Excel):
4. Upload CSV file, to add students [fig. 4]
- CSV spreadsheet file is uploaded to WordPress by going to Tools > Import users by CSV
- Default role = subscriber (tick box) – this gives student level permissions (this is important!)
- Send mail… with credentials and other data (tick box)
- The settings should be correct, but make sure the two boxes above are ticked, you can see the settings below [fig. 4]
An email will then automatically be sent to the new students that have been enrolled, and they will have been enrolled to the correct school group (with corresponding group leader who has already been assigned).
- You can check the users have been enrolled, and to the correct group by going to “Users”and”Groups”
- You can search in the search bar, or by using the filters.
- They will have been sent an email similar to the one below, and need to complete registration by setting the account up with a password [fig. 5]